Thursday, April 30, 2009

busy

Even if there were 30 hours in a day I still wouldn't be able to do all the things I need/want to do.

But I sure as heck am trying.

I have become a master multitasker. I'm not one of those people that puts on makeup with the rearview mirror while driving... I'm more of a wolf down my breakfast while breastfeeding kinda gal. I catch up on the phone while folding laundry, pay bills while cooking, push the stroller while running to the grocery store to get some cardio in, and even when jogging I am making up a mental list of what needs to be done around the house. The Saturday paper takes me all week to read and this I do in the bathtub.... I still haven't figured out how to fold it so it doesn't become a sopping mess. I can pee while holding a baby on my lap, dress my son and brush my hair, and manage to kiss my husband good-bye somewhat passionately (depends if I've brushed my teeth yet) as he heads off to work and also give him a pleading look of 'please stay home today and be superdad'. I have forgotten what it's like to have the house entirely to myself. The closest thing I get is when everyone is tucked in and asleep:




That is when I do my happy dance and sing Hallelujah... not too loudly though.... don't want to wake them up and spoil the peace. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment