Tuesday, April 28, 2009

bloody brilliant

On a slow evening at the firehall we've been known to gather 'round the telly and watch American Idol. It's fun. And let's face it, we all secretly want to be rockstars. I think I could get on the show if they allowed me to sing nursery rhymes...because those are the only songs I know these days. I do a stellar rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider that would bring even Simon Cowell to tears. Literally. I love him. There would be no American Idol or Britain's Got Talent if it weren't for him. He's what makes the show appealing to me. A lot of people think he's mean but I think he is forthright and upfront and honest and can show great compassion.

Anyway, I was catching up on some Britain's Got Talent on You Tube and there were a few performances that were so good I laughed until I nearly peed.

I loved these fellows for their sheer skill and athleticism. And this one was so original. And I could not believe this father and son duo. I was trying to picture my husband doing that with Jacob one day and I nearly gave myself a hernia I was laughing so hard.

But this, was my all time fave. She's no Susan Boyle in terms of talent but oh my goodness has she got moxy. The fact that she was ok showing off the girls that were made by God instead of by Goodyear was an indication of a woman who is really comfortable with being who she is au naturelle.

Just goes to show you that no matter your age, weight or boob length, it is never too late to go after your dreams and hold your head up high even if your girls can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment