Saturday, April 25, 2009

all done

Well, we decided we aren't going to have any more kids.

On the one hand I am sad because I love big families (my paternal and maternal grandmothers had 14 and 6 children respectively) but on the other hand I am quite relieved that we can focus on moving forward. Raising infants and toddlers is busy non-stop time. And pregnancy, although exciting, is nine months of anticipation. We were fortunate to have conceived our children both on the first try and I had wonderful unmedicated and natural planned homebirths. We didn't care what sex the children were but we were blessed with a boy and then a girl...both happy and healthy and that is all I could ever ask for. We didn't care if their hair was curly or straight or what colour their eyes were... for they are both perfect to me in every way. They are my children... and their little beating hearts grew under my own for nine months and they are the new generation of hope that all parents have for their kids. I don't care if they are straight A students or top athletes... I just want them to grow to be responsible and kind. I am excited to see what the future brings for us and for them. I will miss this time when Jacob is a teenager and too cool to hang out with me. And my beautiful gentle Maiya.... I hope that we don't fight like the way I did with my mother when I was growing up. And still do.

So. If I am sounding a bit misty-eyed it's because I am sitting here and it is raining a warm spring rain outside and my baby girl is sound asleep and my son is cuddled with my husband. And when I gripe and complain about the mundane things I need to give myself a wake up call and remind myself that I am the luckiest woman in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment