Wednesday, April 22, 2009

fancy pants

So it was my birthday this month and I am admitting to the world out there that I am pushing 40! Does this mean I am middle aged? Next year I will be turning the big Four-Oh. But in Asian years that means I am really 30 right?

I don't feel my age... well, I guess I do after a sleepless night and when I look really closely in the mirror and see my wrinkles forming and the grey hairs that seem to keep coming in. Birthdays depress me a bit. Not because I am getting older but because there is this tiny bit of expectation that this day should be more special than the other 364 days. I do, however, love celebrating my kids' birthdays. They are milestones. Because I had such amazing planned home births with them I am actually celebrating my 'birth' days. One year when I was on shift for my birthday my husband and some friends came by the firehall. They brought a cake to share with the crew and a little joke gift for moi. Of course I had to try it on to see if it fit.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My birthday suit...
We took lots of pictures to commemorate the day and of course I can't find the others but when I do I will post them. Chief, if you're reading this I did take the outfit off before I ran the next call. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment