Thursday, April 16, 2009

brownies

If you want to win the heart of any firefighter make a batch of these and bring it over to your local firehouse. I make these at work for the guys if they're being nice to me. ;) I am a bit of an ingredient snob so I only use Fry's cocoa.

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (do not use margarine!)
1 cup fry's cocoa
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla
(I add a cup of chopped walnuts... make sure they're super fresh!)

Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa.
Blend in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Blend in dry ingredients.
Pour batter into greased baking pan. I highly recommend this pan because boys will be boys and the guys fight over the corner pieces cuz the chewy edges are scrumptious.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Cool.

I serve with ice cold milk

Then I make the guys do my station chores for the rest of the shift. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment