Thursday, May 28, 2009

television

One of the things that I absolutely can't stand at work is that the television is on all day. It drives me nuts. That constant drone and all those commercials is enough to put me over the edge. I understand if the Superbowl is on or the Queen or the President is making an address but there is a lot of crap tv out there and frankly trying to eat a meal while watching some gorey newscast or equally creepy show like Toddlers and Tiaras just can't be healthy. I see enough bad news in real life at calls that I just don't want to see anymore at work. Besides, most calls are a bit chaotic. It's nice to have quiet time back at the ranch. We don't have a television here at home. But if I am honest I do miss it at times... like now... when I am folding a mound of diapers, it would be less mind numbing to do it in front of the tv watching something stupid like Bridezillas. These chicks crack me up how nuts they are. I swear they must be actresses or something because who would willingly put themselves on tv to look like a real life crazy chick? I guess everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame. But alas, there is no tv around so I guess I could say a Hail Mary every time I fold a diaper, except that I am not of any religious background and have no idea where to even begin. Oh well, I better get off the computer and get folding cuz that pile ain't going to fold itself and since Maiya has started solid foods I'm gonna need all the clean diapers on deck and ready at the helm.

1 comment:

  1. toddler and tiara creeps me out. i find it a little sad too.

    ReplyDelete