Friday, May 15, 2009

new obsession

For those of you who know me, I tend to get obsessed about things... I'm all or nothing... including fashion items. I think perhaps it is because I wear a uniform at work that on my days off I want to wear items that are comfy and somewhat funky without being dowdy yet still reflect my personality. I was seriously into Lululemon yoga wear for awhile until they sold out and went corporate and now the quality isn't there anymore. They are overpriced in my opinion but so comfy without looking like a sack of potatoes. But again, their quality has gone way downhill now that they don't make it in Canada and is outsourced to China. I wore Ugg boots for a bit (yeah... I know they are freaking Fugly and stupidly expensive but they are soooooo comfortable after wearing steel toed safety boots all day). Again, outsourced to China.... you're lucky if you can find a pair made in Australia these days. My jewelry of choice is Chamilia beads. From Europe I believe.

And now my new obsession is the classic Chuck Taylor High Top Sneaker. Made in America so at least it's domestic. Ack! Just checked inside the shoes... sigh... made in China). Oh well. Here they are anyway:
.
.
.
Ta da!

Never thought I'd be so excited about a simple shoe. (yeah, yeah, I need to get out more......)

Jacob wears them and they are so cute on him. I always thought they looked a bit juvenile on adults and the red ones remind me of clown shoes but I thought I'd give them a try anyway because there was a sale on them. Holy Crap they are so comfy. I'm in trouble because I am generally obsessed with shoes to begin with... now I want one in every colour. A girl has got to match you know. ;) And it doesn't help that the Converse website has a section where you can custom design your own shoe. Thankfully they will only ship within the U.S. My pocketbook has been spared.... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment