Sunday, May 24, 2009

a day at the fair

Summer weather is here and we took full advantage of it this weekend. I took Jacob and Maiya to a local public school Fun Fair this weekend and it is hard to guess who had more fun... me or the kids. There were bouncy castles, stilt walkers, fire breathers, a fishing pond, barbecue, bake sale table, ice cold watermelon........ and electric cars to ride... Jacob's favourite of course. I could not believe how well behaved he was despite all the opportunity for naughtiness and getting lost in the crowd. I wish I thought to bring my camera... the look on his face on the electric jeep was pure joy. He kept looking at me as he went around... he was so proud of himself. And in the bouncy castle he was so good about waiting his turn. He asked to go again on the cars but I said no and he was ok with it and amused himself on the big playground. He also asked for a snow cone but since it's pure sugar and food dye I said no and he was happy with a few wedges of watermelon and a homemade oatmeal cookie. Maiya smiled the whole time just taking it all in, enjoying her bare feet and the sun on her face. It was adorable how interested she was in her surroundings. I cannot believe how easy it is to raise her and bring her out in public. She doesn't make a peep... I am still kicking myself for not having my camera with me!!!!!!!!!!!! The kids were so darn cute I could barely stand it myself. I am trying to capture these perfect days by etching them permanently in my mind. These happy childhood days are going by much too quickly. Maiya is just so precious in how cute she is the way she crinkles up her nose when she smiles and Jacob is just so interesting with all the things he says and does. Wish I were younger. I would be having more children for sure but life is great with just the two of them. It's balanced and I will be able to give them a lot of attention without wearing myself too thin. Funny. I crave time alone when things get crazy and when I do, I am itching to turn around and come home after an hour because I miss them. It will be tough to be away from home when I'm back at work on the 24 hour shift that's for sure. But hopefully it will be so busy at work I won't have time to think.

Anyway, it was a terrific day at the Fair. I never thought I would want to go to Disneyland but just to see the look on the kids' faces I think we will all have to go meet Mickey one day. And I will for sure remember my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment