Saturday, January 23, 2010

the truth

When it comes to life, I try not to lie, or make promises I can't keep. For this reason, as you know, I don't make New Year's resolutions, and if I did, they'd be out the door before the stroke of midnight. I never say to a critically injured person that they will be fine, but that I am doing everything I can for them. I don't tell my children that I will live forever, rather, I explain that every moment we have together I will do my best to cherish it. I don't like to paint a picture to those who are single and childless that motherhood and marriage is rosy.... there are days it's full of thorns. I did take marriage vows but when my husband leaves his dirty socks lying around for the zillionth time and can't boil a pot of water that I'd like to bow out. I see smiling and perfectly grommed mothers in my neighbourhood pushing thousand dollar strollers and I wonder what their secret is. Perhaps they have the patience of Saints. Or perhaps they are medicated. I'm not sure. But I do know that I am not a Stepford Wife. Although at times I am sure my husband would love me to be. Again, this is one of those posts where I have no idea what point I am trying to get across except to say that I know all too well that I am far from perfect and that I am one of the most difficult people to live with on my grumpy days. But the one thing I can say for sure is that I live my life with my heart on my sleeve and am not afraid to speak my mind or feel all the highs and lows that come with life. xo After all, I'm a not great at faking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment