Monday, January 18, 2010

a blur

Wow. A week has flown by since my last post and I'd love to report something new and exciting but it's all been a bit of a blur. Lately the calls at work have been happening mostly between the hours of midnight and 6 am. And then I'm back into mommy mode by 8 am when I get home and by 10 am I am just crying for a nap. Which I may get on a good day but most days I don't. Today I was so tired my eyes were crossed and my mood was even crosser. The neat freak in me looked at the unruliness of our home and was about to throw a fit but I couldn't find the energy to throw a tantrum. So what did I do? Put all the dishes in the sink to soak. I'll deal with them when I get back from work Thursday morning. And I haven't had the energy to hit the gym which always bugs me because I love the gym but at least I've been jumping in for yoga with the boys at work. Hey, if you can't hit the weights at least you can do the stretchy stretchy stuff. Scary thing is, some of the guys are more flexible than I am. Apart from that, nothing really new this week. Jacob had a fever all weekend so there have been some long nights at home. But Maiya is thrilled Jacob has been home sick from daycare... she has her playmate to bug. She follows her big brother around like a lost puppy and smothers him with kisses when he just wants to be by himself and play quietly. Maiya continues to get into mischief now that she is at the stage where everything is worthy of exploring. Is it wrong for me to crave going to work not only because I love my job but so it gives me a break from the mundane chores of mommyhood? There are some days I really resent all the unrewarding stuff that needs done around here but that is life I suppose. Wish I weren't such a neat freak. That is part of my problem. I'm not the type of person who is able to sit on the couch and relax when I know there are things that need to be done. Sigh... wish I could be more of a slob. Oh... not newsworthy really but I chopped my hair off.
It's the shortest I've ever had it. Far cry from this hair when Maiya was just born:
I got tired of trying to stuff my hair under my helmet at work and I must say even though it's a boyish cut, I like it. And even though my husband, like 99% of the men out there love long hair on women, I doubt I will ever grow it long again. Comfort trumps style I suppose. Anyway, not the most exciting post but a post nonetheless. xo

2 comments:

  1. omg, you chopped your hair? glad it works for you now though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup... hair is gonzo..... not as pretty as long hair but soooooo convenient.

    ReplyDelete