Saturday, January 9, 2010

the guys

Phew! Had a busy shift with most of the calls after midnight..... Friday nights get a bit nutty with the bar scene. One guy took a tumble down a flight of stairs after twelve beers and as we were helping him a bar fight broke out.... fun times.... But I digress.

I wanted to give a shout out to my new crew.......... and how much I love working with them. I totally lucked out. Sometimes crews can do their job but lack cohesiveness and just sit around the firehall doing their own thing until the alarm goes. But these guys are like brothers in the truest sense and the laughter, banter and camraderie make me feel privileged to be part of this group. They range from 26 to 56 years of age and they are all adorable. The guys have the same weird sense of humour as I do and the same approach to work and play and really, our work is our play. There is no better feeling than looking forward to the next shift rather than dragging your arse into the office on a Monday morning. I'd literally skip and dance into work if it were cool... that's how much I look forward to work. It's great to love your job and even greater to love the people you work with. Wish I could post a pic of them. They'd kill me though...... or make me do all the station duties for the rest of the year... in which case I would rather not.

No comments:

Post a Comment