Wednesday, March 10, 2010

in wonderland

I didn't realize this morning as I was climbing onto the truck that I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat until one of the guys wondered out loud how I could be smiling on the way to an emergency. To clarify, I'm not smiling because someone or something is in distress. Rather, I'm smiling from ear to ear because I am just plain old happy to be here. I can honestly say that I love the job more today than the day I was hired. The teamwork, the challenges, the sense of family, and the sense of belonging gets better and better with each year that goes by.

A friend of mine just found out he was hired and he too is grinning. He should be proud since there were over two thousand applicants for just over a dozen positions. So welcome aboard... you'll soon see how great this job is and is almost impossible to put into words the joy that comes with it. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment