Sunday, July 19, 2009

a very bad day

Have you read this?

Talk about real life being crazier than fiction. Talk about your number being up. Talk about totally being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am so thankful in my own selfish way that it was not a call that I had to respond to. I do not need any more memories.

For those of you who think that firefighters are overpaid and do nothing but eat and sleep on the job, try imagining what it would be like having to work through that call.... one might be the utmost of professionals during this response but after the adrenaline wears off images like that stay with you for the rest of your life.... I cannot even fathom how the husband is going to cope after this. I know his physical wounds will heal... I pray the emotional ones will too, but somehow, I am not so sure about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment