Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11

I cannot even begin to reason why the events of 9/11 happened to begin with. It saddens me to think that there are people who willingly set out to hurt others. It is hard to comprehend. I was almost in New York during that time.... I was planning to visit a firefighter friend to celebrate the fact that I passed my exams and firefighter physical but I canceled at the last minute. I wonder which part of the city I would have been when the Towers came down. I did fly out shortly after to visit Ground Zero and attended the funerals of some of the firefighters who, on that morning, were just doing their jobs. I was humbled and also awestruck by the attendance of emergency service workers from around the world. The streets were filled with a sea of blue uniforms standing at attention and saluting as the processions went by. I could not keep a dry eye. My thoughts and prayers to the families who are still missing their loved ones. I know that time may not heal the wounds but I hope that it may dull it a little. Take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment