Tuesday, September 8, 2009

nasty nits

Ewwwwwwwwwww. There was an outbreak of head lice at Jacob's daycare. 4 children were sent home. Thankfully the little critters spared my son. There is nothing that gives me the heebie jeebies more than head lice. Just thinking about them makes me feel all weird. I don't know why I'm such a wimp because at work I've seen it all: maggots feasting on wounds, cockroaches in the most inappropriate of places, body lice, boils and carbuncles the size of a child's fist, mummified skin that looks like leather....... I think I'm not horrified because I see that stuff on other people. But the thought of nasty little biting creatures living in my son's beautiful head of hair totally freaks me out.

I know mosquitoes love my little boy. Hopefully those head lice don't and stay far far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment