Thursday, July 12, 2012

all things good

There have been some changes in my life.  Some changes have pushed me out of my comfort zone and it's been good for me.  Truth be told, it's been fantastic. We welcomed a new Captain to the other truck of our station yesterday and he seems to be a great fit with our 'family' dynamic. Anyone who likes to eat as much as I do and laughs at my jokes is a plus in my books. And this Captain is very knowledgeable to boot so it's great that I have another senior firefighter I can learn from and bounce fireground tactics with. My Captain is off on summer holidays for the next month so I get to be Captain for awhile which is always exciting and at times intimidating with the amount of responsibility the position entails.   Luckily, I have a strong and talented crew who know how do their job well. This cohesiveness gives me a sense of security, and everyone seems happy despite trudging around in the summer heat donned in full bunker gear.

Home life continues to ground me and keep me real.  Kids are thriving: Jacob continues to amaze me everyday with his kind, easy-going gentle nature, and Maiya is a very witty little girl talking a blue streak and who keeps me on my toes.  I have lots of extended family in town so it's been nice to reconnect.   In regards to my personal life, it is peaceful and easy and for the first time in years I feel safe to open up my heart and share a part of me that has been closed off for a long time.   I don't have to be afraid anymore because I can just be myself, and trust in all things good.  So yeah,  life is pretty neat right now.  For all the bad days I've had in my past, the present makes up for it so I am going to enjoy this epic time and let the future unfold moment to moment.  And just give thanks and be grateful that I am surrounded by people I adore and make me a better person because they bring out the best in me, and make me want to be a better person.  Here's to life, laughter and all the things and people I love... Cheers.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment