Sunday, June 20, 2010

puh-lease... enough already

Sigh, I'm not sure if it's because the guys at work regard me as just 'one of the boys' but the locker room banter is starting to get on my nerves. There is only so much I can take when it comes to hearing about their female conquests and what they woulda/coulda/shoulda done with her. And they refer to the 'hers' as if they were a piece of meatloaf. Oddly enough, it's not the young guys who talk like this... it's the guys who are the seniors nearing retirement and it creeps me out. One guy who I actually really respect as a firefighter has gone as far as calling me a 'groundsheet', 'babe' and 'hot' thinking it was funny. Totally pissed me off and I told him so. I guess this is one of the downfalls of being a female firefighter... no matter how much the guys treat me as one, I'm really not one of the guys, nor will I ever completely be. I'm not a prude but there are days I just want to plug my ears and scream 'la la la la la.... I can't hear you!'. A few years ago at one particular fire station the guys were a bit piggish and started putting up scantily clad photos of pin-up girls all over the common areas of the fire station. So while they were down for some shut-eye in the middle of the night I swapped them for poster sized photos of some serious hunky chiseled dudes... ha ha... when they woke and saw the posters they seemed to walk a few inches shorter. Immature I know but made me feel better anyway. Besides... I'm entitled to some eye candy too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment