Sunday, October 2, 2011

butterflies and more new beginnings

I start at my new station tomorrow. As an Acting Captain. I am mildly freaking out, in a good way of course. I have big boots to fill. The previous Acting at the station was amazingly capable and respected. I feel like a bit of a rookie again. Like it's my first day at school. There was some smack talk from another shift that got back to me saying although I kicked ass in the exam I won't be able to handle the pressure at a bad call. Guy who said that of course doesn't have the balls to say it to my face though. And interestingly enough, he scored lower than me on the exam. If it's one thing I've learned after all these years on the job, is that I don't have to smack back. I'm just gonna keep doing what I have always done, put my head down and dig deep and work ten times harder than everyone else. The proof is in the pudding. And baby, this girl can bake. xo

1 comment:

  1. Whatever gets you down, will make you feel like a champ, when you overcome it!!

    You go, cap'n!!!!

    ReplyDelete