Thursday, April 11, 2013

delinquent

I know I've been completely MIA. Been a loooooong winter and it was bloody hailing today with an inch of slush on the ground.

Been doing lots of soul-searching and self-discovery. This winter was a particularly difficult one with 2 new rookies (one of whom hasn't been getting the hang of the job).  And a crewmate senior to me in tenure but junior to me in rank is proving to be a major pain in the ass with his negativity and lack of moral courage.   It's been one of the biggest challenges I've had to face in a leadership role.

Been physically exhausted. February was the worst with a cold that lasted 3 weeks. And the single mom thing has me running ragged at times. But I try to live 5 minutes at a time. Meaning if I can get through the next 5 minutes I will be fine.

I've been dating this fella. I find the whole thing interesting.   Have no clue  how dating is  'supposed' to be done. But hey, 5 minutes at a time.

On a milestone note, my birthday is this weekend. Lots of friends and family coming over so I'm pretty excited about that. Especially excited because the kids are excited. Parties are always better with my children there to share in the experience.

I've started studying for my full-fledged Captain's exam even though it's not for another year till I write. But this way it will seem less daunting if I stay active in the books.

What else?  Just living life, climbing, still discovering myself and tryin to find calm when I can.

I promise I will be here more. I have missed sitting down wih my thoughts.

xo

1 comment: