Tuesday, June 23, 2009

the perfect match

I haven't had a pint of stout in almost 4 years. I've either been pregnant or nursing and frankly it would only take 1/4 of a pint to get me plastered it's been so long that I would definitely be a cheap date.

Since I've joined CrossFit I haven't stepped foot into my favourite ice cream parlour. If you've followed my blog about the other man I am in love with, namely Ed, you'll understand my passion and why I have stayed away.

But it's summer here and with this hot humid evening I just couldn't quell my lust for Ed. And what he offered me this evening absolutely blew my mind. He made a new flavour: Guinness ice cream. I know it sounds a bit weird but it was the best ice cream I have ever tasted. A perfect blend of stout and cream and sugar. Perhaps it has been way too long since I've had a pint of stout or ice cream so anything would have tasted great but uh oh.... I'm in so much trouble now.....

I have fallen off the wagon. I have cheated. I've turned my back on Paleo. But for that adulterous moment that lasted a double scoop ice cream cone, it was worth it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment