Thursday, April 8, 2010

get the f out of my house

I like to think that I have a pretty high pain threshold. After all, I birthed two babies at home sans painkillers and I have run like the dickens up stairs at fire calls till my legs and lungs felt like they were going to explode but kinda liked it. So how can two tiny tonsils (rather, they were HUGE because they were so swollen) reduce me to a whiny sack of mush? I have to say that I take it too much for granted when I am healthy. And I usually feel more than mildly insulted when I do get sick. My little family has been swapping stomach bugs and cold viruses for the past 8 weeks and I've been at my wits end. Yeah yeah, I could say that colds et al are the body's way of gaining DNA intelligence and of course teaching the body how to grow stronger and how to defend itself. But really, getting sick just plain old sucks. Snot bubbles on Maiya could break a world record. And Jacob can't afford to lose a single pound... the kid's pretty lean to begin with. They do love it when I have laryngitis though... means I can't yell at them.... lol.

The type-A personality in me doesn't like to slow down for a second but getting sick forces me to stop and do nothing for once. Except that with children I can't really stop and do nothing. Especially since I haven't been able to rest properly and get my immune system back in gear. Hubby has been a great help but he's been sick too. My throat was so sore for the past two weeks I feared strep but the culture came back yesterday and nope.... all clear. I was so happy to pitch those penicillin pills that the doctor prescribed but does nothing but weak havoc on your body and do nothing for your cold if all you have is a virus. So I've been taking a bunch of homeopathic remedies and good old Advil so I could at least take away some of the swelling in my throat and get a meal down. Could barely swallow water without it. But today, HALLELUJAH, I woke up and throat pain was GONE! I actually feel sane again. I can swallow my own spit without wincing in pain. Yes, I am grateful.

Stay away bugs and germs. You are not welcome in my home anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment