Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ambulance chaser

I had to chuckle to myself as I was watching the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. Some of the surgeons were attempting to go to a nice dinner on the town but really, all they wanted to do was go back to hospital where all the action was. Ambulances kept racing by them and you could see that dinner was the last thing on their minds. Finally their pagers went off and back to the hospital they went, happy as clams, ready to fix the carnage.

I can relate to the fact that more often than not, there is no place I would rather be than at work. Long weekends, New Year's Eve, spring break, Easter... you name it, I'll work it. The exception being Hallowe'en because there is nothing more fun than taking my kids out and going trick or treating, and maybe Christmas. But if I didn't have children, I would for sure work Christmas because as you know, it's a holiday I can't stand. Thankfully, my husband totally understands where I come from. He knows me. He knows that when his wife comes home after a fantastic shift it is a better aphrodisiac than a five star dinner. Some guys want their wives to stay at home 24/7 for them. My guy knows that when I'm happy, he reaps the benefits. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment